Dissociation

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Nov 28 23:22:24 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 12:02:47PM +0530, Shripad N wrote:

> when I do ifconfig wlan0 down
> or iwpriv reset 3,
>
> the station is not dissociated from the AP...
>
> is there an command to dissociate a Station from a AP.

I haven't yet made a separate command for doing this, but the current
development version has functionality for doing this with an ioctl.
wpa_supplicant/driver.c has an example implementation on how to call
this (wpa_driver_disassociate() and wpa_driver_deauthenticate()
functions).

Anyway, changing the driver to do the same thing automatically on those
commands you mention, sounds like a good idea. I'll do this at some
point.