hostap does not provide access to the services

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Nov 20 21:33:10 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:31:01PM -0800, Onder, Hulusi TUR wrote:

> i have created certificates with the openSSL software and transfered them to my windows XP SP1 computer and installed them.

Did you setup the WinXP client to use dynamic WEP keys (something like
"WEP keys are provided automatically")?

> the attached file is the hostapd conf file.

Btw, when sending attachments to a mailing list that is likely to have
people using non-Microsoft email clients, using some kind of Microsoft
specific attachment format is not exactly the best possible choice..

Anyway, you have configured hostapd _not_ to use dynamic WEP keys. Was
that on purpose? If yes, you better make sure that the client is
configured similarily. If not, set both wep_key_len_broadcast and
wep_key_len_unicast to 13 and try again. Without this, WinXP Supplicant
will disassociate when it does not receive keys within five seconds from
the authentication..