..error in hostap.o!!!

Paul van Gool paul.vangool
Fri Nov 14 13:52:32 PST 2003

hostap_get_crypto_ops is defined in hostap_crypt.c. Check your
configuration to see if hostap_crypt.c should be compiled as a separate
module or should included in hostap.c. You can see in hostap.c:

#ifndef HOSTAP_CRYPT_MODULE
/* Old hostap_crypt module is now part of hostap module. */
#include "hostap_crypt.c"
#else /* HOSTAP_CRYPT_MODULE */
#define hostap_crypto_init()
#define hostap_crypto_deinit()
#endif /* HOSTAP_CRYPT_MODULE */

So judging from the error, hostap_crypt.c is meant to be its own module.
Did it get installed before depmod was run?

Thanks.

Paul

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 04:41:14PM -0500, andreaf at cs.columbia.edu wrote:
> It seems like if I am missing:
>
> hostap_get_crypto_ops_Re5A7eae9
>
> hope some of you can help me!!!
> Thanks,
> Andrea
>

> > Hi everyone,
> > everything was working with HostAP, but when I went to recompile, it
> > gave me this error (at the make_install):
> >
> > depmod:   ***Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.21-WIFI/net/hostap.o
> >
> > I do not understand why I get this message now.
> > I am using Mandrake 9.1 and the only thing that changed since before is
> > that I had a system crash and the system had to recover. It did tell me
> > that I could loose some data.
> > Do you think this is the problem? What do I have to do/install to make
> > it work again?
> > Thanks all,
> > Andrea

Paul van Gool                                               Rincon Networks
paul.vangool at rinconnetworks.com                              (805)-705-1442