"Genesis mode" type of things w/Hermes chipset?

Brian Capouch brianc
Sat Nov 8 00:13:14 PST 2003

I know this is a bit OT, but hopefully not greatly so.

I have a bunch of client cards that are basically rebranded Orinoco
silver cards, but from a variety of sources that marketed them under
their own names (e.g. Enterasys, Avaya, IBM).

I wonder if there is any way I could flash these things to a common
(hopefully "genuine Orinoco") firmware, so that I am not continually
facing the agony of getting the firmware and driver upgrades from each
vendor.

Also, I have to use rebranded versions of the Client Manager for each
that appear not to see the card if came from another vendor, and that's
a major PIA as well.

Sorry for the OT post, but if there's a fix for this it would save me
several tons of time. . .

Thanks.

B.