Panic with WEP, fragmented frames and ap_bridge_packets=1

Martin Whitlock martin.whitlock
Wed Nov 5 06:00:09 PST 2003

It seems as an old ghost has occured again. In April I reported a bug
where a kernel panic occured when using WEP and transmitting fragmented
data frames. That bug was solved (see below) but it seems as the same
problem still exists when fragmented, encrypted data frames are sent
between two ascociated clients with ap_bridge_packets=1. The problem is
reproducable:

* 0.1.2 release
* Two clients
* ap_bridge_packets=1
* WEP enabled
* Ping between clients with packetsize>frag threshold (of any client)

/Martin