Problem with compiling hostap-driver-0.1.1.tar.gz

Ingo Hoffmann ingo
Sun Nov 2 16:18:41 PST 2003

Jouni Malinen schrieb:

>On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 12:33:02AM +0100, Ingo Hoffmann wrote:
>

>>I tried to compile hostap-driver-0.1.1.tar.gz on new SuSE 9.0 (kernel
>>2.4.21 with SuSE extensions) and got attached error message.
>>The problem is obviously that there is a problem with the HZ macro,
>>which has been changed in this kernel version (or in the according SuSE
>>changes?).
>>

>SuSE has probably changed the HZ definition to be based on configuration
>option or something similar and something is not included when compiling
>external modules.. Could you tell me where I can download SuSE 2.4.21-99
>kernel? I tried to find it from a mirror of SuSE ftp site, but it was
>nowhere to be found (well, maybe in an ISO image or something, but I'm
>not going to download 650 MB to get a look at one header file).

I don't know whether and where the SuSE kernel can be downloaded! But of
course I can send you parts of the kernel or the entire kernel, but then
we are again talking about  more than 200 MB. So please tell me what you
want to see and I'll send it. Here let me start with
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20.SuSE/include/linux/hz.h. But I could also send the
entire include tree, it's up to you!

>>I changed following two lines
>>
>>static int ap_max_inactivity[MAX_PARM_DEVICES] = { AP_MAX_INACTIVITY /
>>HZ,DEF_INTS };

>>static int ap_max_inactivity[MAX_PARM_DEVICES] = { 300, DEF_INTS };
>>

>I see nothing wrong in having HZ on that line, so I'm not going to
>change that unless someone can show that this is really needed and the
>correct fix.
>

>>Here the the result of make pci:
>>

>Did you try compiling with just 'make'? This uses the kernel Makefile to
>compile the module and whatever was done to HZ definition, has a better
>change of working..

I've not yet tried, but I'll try tomorrow and send the results!

Regards Ingo