Chipset for hostap_cs

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri May 23 09:11:55 PDT 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Martin Schiotz wrote:

> I have two questions:
> Is there any difference between chipset 2, 2.5 or 3 when running hostap ?
>
> And in general what is the difference between these chipsets ?

I don't know the complete answer, but one thing that is important is that
there is still no publicly available flashable firmware for Prism 2
chipset with correct support for 4-address frames used in wireless
distribution system (WDS).  If you want to use WDS with Prism 2 cards,
you'll need to load the new firmware every time or you can use
non-standard frame format supported by hostap.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin