Missing /proc/net/hostap/wlanX/<MAC> statistics

Dave dave
Fri May 23 01:23:58 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I have noticed a couple others on the list mentioning signal levels and
stats in the stats file for an associated STA. My question is why would I
not have some of this data available in my stats files?

All of my /proc/net/hostap/wlanX/<MAC> files look like the following:

[root at soekris /]# cat /proc/net/hostap/wlan1/<MAC>
STA=<MAC>
users=-1
aid=6
flags=0x0003 AUTH ASSOC
capability=0x01
listen_interval=200
supported_rates=1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
jiffies=26517488
last_auth=13889748
last_assoc=13889748
last_rx=13901033
last_tx=13898997
rx_packets=148
tx_packets[root at soekris /]#

Why am I missing the additional data like:

rx_bytes=276559
tx_bytes=1899505
buffer_count=0
last_rx: silence=11 signal=79 rate=110 flow=0
tx_rate=110
tx[1M]=0
tx[2M]=0
tx[5.5M]=0