hostap_cs unresolved symbols ver 0.0.3?

Pavel Roskin proski
Thu May 22 11:51:30 PDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Bob Beers wrote:

> I am using 2.4.20 kernel (no modversions) with freeswan and diskonchip
> patches, I have stand-alone pcmcia-cs-3.2.4.  So, I set
> PCMCIA_PATH=/usr/src/pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 in the Makefile and ran make
> pccard.  I copied the hostap*.o files into my /lib/modules/.../pcmcia
> directory and ran depmod -a, which returned no errors.  But when I run
> /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia restart, the hostap_cs module does not load.

Make sure you don't have duplicate modules (i.e. the same filename in
different directories under /lib/modules/`uname -r`).  Also make sure the
old modules have been unloaded from memory (use "lsmod" to check).

If you ever patched the kernel to add hostap to the source tree, make sure
to remove that patch and recompile the kernel.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin