Question about multiple AP networks

Lucas Cornelisse lcornelisse
Thu May 22 11:18:09 PDT 2003

Matthew F., thanks for the help!

But to clarify, are you saying that if i joined the STARBUCKS network using
WDS,
I wouldn't be able to keep my existing FREDNET ssid?

And, i'm guessing that I couldn't reliably rely on starbucks actually having
a WDS system in place anyways right?

Do you know if I'm right about being able to operate in IBSS and BSS mode at
the same time?
Is my logic flawed in thinking that I could run in AP mode as well as
joining a BSS?

The thing that's bothering me is, that after examining the code, the way i
see it is this:

You assign an SSID to the prism,
You assign a channel,
Then you tell it if it's AP, IBSS, or BSS

It looks to me like you /can't/ do, say, this:

Assign BSS to join SSID = STARBUCKS
Assign AP ssid = FREDNET
Assign BSS channel 1
Assign AP channel 2
Hey Prism, you are AP _AND_ BSS

But the nagging feeling i have is that you can have
multiple IBSS networks and a BSS network at the same time...
but this is just a nagging feeling, i'm not sure if you can do this..

Again, thanks for your help,
and kudos to the hostap team! it's quite a piece of work!
(i broke the colour printer printing all the code :D )

../lucas

--
Lucas Cornelisse

Software Developer