station firmware flshing problems

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon May 19 20:56:05 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 11:03:04PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> > PDR 0x0486 not found from wlan card PDA. Using default data. len=2: 64 00

> This is usually safe.  I recall that Intersil doesn't require that all
> PDRs have corresponding PDA data and vice versa.  Only mismatch in the
> length should be considered fatal.

And even one of those length mismatches is apparently non-fatal (PDR
0x0001).. I just don't understand why Intersil decided to change its
length.

> I think it's not the first time when those messages are wrongly
> interpreted as signs of trouble.  I wonder if they should be printed with
> "-v" only.

Well, maybe.. I just like to see those and I am too lazy to using '-v'
unless something goes wrong in the first try.. If someone reports a
problem, I would also like to get those, but even this should be doable
by asking re-testing with '-v' (well, at least if it was RAM download
;-). I assumed that "Using default data" would be enough to make it
clear that it was not an error, but maybe the wording could be improved.