SegFault when i load hostap_plx.o

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon May 19 19:33:26 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:08:43PM -0500, Jerry wrote:

> using Wisp 2588 i get a Seg Fault upon loading the hostap_plx driver that i
> compiled to use.   the deps (hostap.o, hostap_crypt.o, and
> hostap_crypt_wep.o) load fine.  If i use a pcmcia adapter, i get the same
> Seg Fault when i load a hostap_cs.o driver that i compile.  Attached is the
> dmesg output after the seg fault.  This is using the 0.0.3 drivers, but i
> have tried 0.0.2, and several days of last weeks CVS, they ALL segfaulted...

That looks more like 0.0.2 than 0.0.3.. Anyway, could you please run the
error message through ksymoops or manually resolve the back trace and
EIP addresses. I would need to know the function names to make this
report more usable.

A quick guess based on this:

> hostap_setup_dev: local->func == NULL

That does not look good.. Are you sure that your hostap.o and
hostap_plx.o are from matching source code and compilation options? That
error could occur if they are, e.g., from different driver versions or
are compiled with different options, etc.