Problem in conf. STA1-AP1-AP2-STA2 using WEP.

Peyush Agarwal peyush
Mon May 19 05:20:30 PDT 2003

Hello All,

I am trying to configure the WEP keys on WDS links using the latest hostap code
(hostap-0_0_3_tar.gz).

My configuration is like this:
# Two APs (AP-1 and AP-2) are configured using the WDS links; each having a
bridge between wlan0 and wlan0wds0.
# Endstations STA-1 & STA-2 are aossociated with AP-1 and AP-2 resp.
# Both the APs are configured with the same Broadcast WEP key.
# AP-1 is configured with the WEP key that is same as that configured on STA-1.
Broadcast key (same as APs) is also configured at STA-1.
# AP-2 is configured with the WEP key that is same as that configured on STA-2.
Broadcast key (same as APs) is also configured at STA-2.

Communication between ::
AP-1 & AP-2 is possible.
AP-1 and STA-1 is possible.
AP-2 and STA-2 is possible.

Communication between ::
STA-1 to STA-2 is NOT possible here.
STA-1 to AP-2 is NOT possible.
STA-2 to AP-1 is NOT possible.

If I remove the WEP configuration everything works fine.
Can anyone tell the reason ?

Thanks & Regards.
Peyush.
Peyush Agarwal
Sr. Engineer, Networking and Communications, Tata Elxsi Ltd.
Phone number :: 91-80-8410220/1/2 ex. 415.  Fax ::  91-80-8410219.
www.tataelxsi.com