OT: Bad Performance with Senao NL-2511CD ? RESOLVED

Martin Polak mpolak
Fri May 16 00:33:03 PDT 2003

Doug Yeager wrote:
> o.k. martin,
> my card comes w/ 1.4.9 and I'm not flashing the firmware ever (ram or
> non-volatile)
> you are saying I need to upgrade to 1.5.6 from my 1.4.9?

There was no need for flashing the firmware (only if you like standard WDS)

> what utility did you use to flash the card?  Do you have a copy of the
> firmware to flash to the card?

I used the winupdate utility provided by netgate
http://www.netgate.com/support/prism_firmware

but it seems, that they removed 1.5.6 from there (maybe there were some
issues for other users)

> I currently using the right antenna jack (primary jack) as specified.
>
> Did you notice significant difference after you got the card working?

Before it was working it had less performance than my old netgear card,
and afterwards the link has perfect quality and is stable.

Sorry, that I can't be more help

Martin