Simplified Makefile for 2.5.x kernels; 2.4.x, too

Pavel Roskin proski
Thu May 15 17:08:50 PDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 2003, Jouni Malinen wrote:
>
> > Using kernel makefiles for building external modules seems to work fine
> > with Linux 2.4.x, too.
>
> Excellent!  It works for me.  I think I'll even use this trick to convert
> Atmel drivers to support 2.5.x kernels without too much code duplication.

Bad news.  It doesn't work with pcmcia-cs drivers.  The INCLUDE keyword is
ignored.  pcmcia-cs headers are not used.

I have no solution yet.  The only way I know to pass extra flags is by
using CFLAGS_hostap_cs.o, but it adds the flags to the end, after the
standard Linux include directory:

ifneq ($(PCMCIA_PATH),)
CFLAGS_hostap_cs.o = -I$(PCMCIA_PATH)/include
endif

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin