FW: Raw Sockets

Michael Smith msmith
Thu May 8 13:49:58 PDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Dave Hinkle wrote:

> Ok, I've written a little program to simplify as much as possible the code
> that doesn't work.  The example program opens up a raw socket and sends an
> Ethernet packet (type 1535) every second.

I was using AF_PACKET+SOCK_DGRAM instead of AF_PACKET+SOCK_RAW. I can't
think of a reason for it to make a difference, although it did make things
a little bit easier (I didn't have to construct the ethernet header myself
- just pass the dest address into sendto() and let the driver fill in the
src address).

Mike