Problem with static linking into kernel

Petr Chromec peat
Thu May 8 09:10:42 PDT 2003

Hello

I've tried to staticaly compile hostap driver into kernel. When I tried
`ifconfig wlan0 up` the system froze. I figured out that the kernel was
falling at lines containing
	__MOD_INC_USE_COUNT(...)    -- ifconfig up
and
	__MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT(...)    -- ifconfig down
in hostap.c

Commenting out these lines seem to solve the problem, but I'm not sure
if it is a clean solution.
Tried with linux 2.4.21-rc1, both some two weeks old cvs version of
hostap and hostap 0.0.2. I'm using hostap_pci driver (card ZCOM XI-626).

Sorry if this is a known problem, I haven't searched the mailing list
archives thoroughly.

Petr Chromec