Problems with txpower

Francesco Sigona francesco.sigona
Wed May 7 08:19:01 PDT 2003

Hi HOSTAP,

I'm trying to understand some things:

1) I can't get the txpower levels supported by my card via Hostap driver: in effect, looking at the code of prism2_ioctl_giwrange there is a TODO f(not done yet) for it.
Does anyone experienced the same problem? Does exists another way to get them?

2) When I set the txpower via iwconfig, and next I read it, I get always the same value I'd set before. So, I changed the code of prism2_ioctl_giwtxpow in order to get the current txpower directly from the card (I just make the function execute as local->txpower_type was always PRISM2_TXPOWER_AUTO). Now, iwconfig shows different txpower than those I set.
Does this means that I can't really keep txpower fixed? How can I check if txpower levels I see are really supported by my card?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

P.S.
My card is pcmcia smc 2632w v1 + plx pci-pcmcia adapter.
My hostap version is 2002-10-12.