printk and PDEBUG

Dinesh S Shenoy dshenoy
Sat May 3 23:38:39 PDT 2003

sorry about the confusing question
ok let me tell you exactly what we are tryng to do:
we are trying to make a log file which will contain details like:
1.MAC addresses of stations trying to authenticate and associate with
hostap(here i am also implying failed authentication / associations)
2.Time of connection of those stations
3.Signal strength of those associations
and other such relevant information about stations trying to connect to
hostap
can you please provide us with some basic information how to go about this
any help would be highly appreciated
as you mentioned about syslog in hostapd, we are able to do it from the
command prompt but would like to do it when ever an
authentication/association occurs

this is an aside
can you explain what does "restart hostapd" means

thanx a million
dinesh