Hostap 0.0.2 ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat May 3 18:16:49 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 12:42:31PM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:

> The negative part is that I've been experiencing stability problems since
> version 0.0.1, and this still remain on current CVS, I get a full hangup
> when I transfer hundreds of megs at full speed, this problems are seing on
> the AP (I was running CVS as of 20021111, mostly the old 20021012 release,
> which does not give any stability problems) and it seems they are not seen
> as a client.

I cannot easily duplicate this. I have been trying to kill the AP by
TCP, UDP, and ping floods, but nothing seems to kill it. If it is indeed
AP only issue, it could require more 802.11 management frames
(authentication/association), etc.

> I cannot provide any info about the error as the AP doesn't have a console,
> but I can tell you that I'm running 2.4.20, the machine is a Pentium 100
> and the card is a pcmcia with this versions:

Could you use serial console to get kernel messages from the AP? It is
quite difficult to figure this out without either being able to
reproduce it myself or getting more information. What kind of usage
patterns do you have with that AP? One station or more? Traffic from
wired to wireless, wireless to wired, wireless to wireless (i.e.,
between two STAs)? Do you use WEP?