router with 5 cards or more

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Mar 28 21:18:23 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 02:10:21AM +0100, Christian Zoffoli wrote:

> How many cards does the hostap driver support in a single host?
> Is is possible to use 10 or 12 cards (using dual pcmcia adapters) ?

I don't think there is a limit in the driver for the number of cards,
but you cannot really use more than 3 Prism2/2.5/3 PC Cards per one host
CPU when using full throughput on all cards. Since these cards do not
support DMA, I/O takes a _lot_ of host CPU time (no matter how fast the
CPU is). If you have dual-CPU system, you might be able to use six
cards with directional antennas, but I have never tested more than fours
cards per host.