Point coordinator functions / HostAP

Dave Edwards Dave.Edwards
Mon Mar 17 01:32:15 PST 2003

I've been working on something similar to this. However, the problem
here is the radio themselves,. A polling protocol requires that the
stations have a short interframe space between being polled and
generating the ACK/Data. As I've said before, the Prism 2 PCCard
solution is just not fast enough on its IO. Perhaps the prism 3 chipset
is better, but I don't know!

The solution is to use a DMA based PCI or Cardbus chipset, however
Intersil do not make such a thing, which means that we would have to use
one of the other Vendors. Given the current situation with lack of
information about the other chipsets and NDA clauses preventing the
opening of source code, I'd have to conclude that an opensource polling
algorithm will not happen.

Dave