Typical CPU load?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Mar 4 18:26:40 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:19:49AM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

> 	All 802.11b cards supported under Linux are :
> 		o 16 bits
> 		o PIO (no shared memory, no bus master)
> 		o use somewhat bloated host<->hw communication

If supported means "has working open source driver", that is probably
the case at the moment. However, there are 802.11 (cardbus) cards that
do support DMA and bus master and have Linux drivers (binary only or not
even publicly available). For example, cards based on ADMtek ADM8211
chip use DMA. Getting a working driver for them is a problem, but I hope
this will be resolved at some point in the future.