HostAP on iPaq

Projekt Manager projekt.manager
Tue Mar 4 05:57:12 PST 2003

Hello all,

I've just gotten HostAP to work on my laptop using Proxim RangeLAN-DS
and separately DWL-650 cards.  The firmware is in the RangeLAN-DS is
old, despite it works like a charm so far.

I'd now I'd like to port the setup to an iPAQ running Linux.  I've
already got a Familiar distribution installed on the iPAQ, including
PCMCIA drivers, but would like to know if HostAP needs to be
re/cross-compiled.

Or can I get by just downloading the driver binaries  + hostap_cs.conf

If someone has attempted this, I'd appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

TIA.