Senao Interrupt Problems

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Jun 16 19:40:55 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:16:44PM -0400, Ryan wrote:

> I'd appreciate any help I could get; I'm at the head-scratching phase of
> troubleshooting now.  I have a RedHat 7.2 box and I am running Aaron
> Baer's 2.4.18 HOSTAP kernel.  The card is a Senao 2011CS (the 200mW
> one).  I had this card working using the orinoco_cs driver, but had
> problems with Ad-Hoc mode, so I've turned my focus to HostAP.

> Jun 16 10:57:19 gateway kernel: hostap_cs: 0.0.1 - 2003-04-05 (Jouni
> Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)

First, please upgrade to the latest version (v0.0.3) or CVS snapshot. It
has number of fixes for similar problems and might fix the issue you are
seeing. If you reproduce these errors with the latest version, please
send me full output of 'dmesg' after trying to initialize the card. It
should give somewhat more detailed log of what happened.

PS.

If you are looking for ad-hoc mode support, you might want to know that
it is not the main target of Host _AP_ driver. It might work, but I am
not testing it at all and I would probably not be interested in using
much time to fix it if there are any problems..