hostap_get_wireless_stats

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jun 8 20:18:15 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 10:03:08AM -0400, Sachin Ganu wrote:

> I am using the hostap-2002-10-12 version and I want to make some
> modifications to hostap_hw.c. I am trying to use the
> hostap_get_wireless_stats method to read the link quality , signal level
> and noise for custom type of packets...

> The program compiles fine with make pccard. But when I try to make
> install_pccard, depmod fails..and complains about the function call
> hostap_get_wireless_stats

hostap_get_wireless_stats() is a static function of hostap.o module and
you cannot call it from hostap_{cs,plx,pci}.o module, hostap_hw.c is
part of that module.. You would need to change that function to be
non-static and export its symbol to allow it to be called from other
kernel modules.

Another possibility wuld be to use dev->get_wireless_stats function
pointer. hostap.o module registers that to point to
hostap_get_wireless_stats(), so you should be able to call
dev->get_wireless_stats() from hostap_hw.c. Just make sure that you will
use the default interface and not wlan#ap or any wds interface since
they set this function pointer to NULL..