wds bug in 0.0.3

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jun 8 18:37:44 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 04:29:40AM -0400, Sergio M. Ammirata wrote:

> This is what I had to do in order to get wds links to auto-negotiate
> speed:
>
> 1) Set "iwpriv wlan0 basic_rates 15". The default is 3 for some reason.

Basic rate set should not affect TX rate for WDS links since they are
using unicast frames which do not need to be using basic rates. ACKs
will be send with one of the basic rates, so if you have only IEEE
802.11b cards in your network, you could see small performance
improvement by including 5.5 and 11 Mbps in the basic rate set.

> 2) Do not use hostapd. It does not renegotiate the link speed. If you
> do, your link will be stuck at 2Mbit.

I cannot reproduce this. WDS link is using 11 Mbps in my tests even when
running hostapd.