Infdrop event message

Michael Guntsche mike
Tue Jul 29 09:01:20 PDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:37:52 +0100
"Luisa Caeiro" <lcaeiro at est.ips.pt> wrote:

> So, what I understand is that the driver sends periodically information
> frames to the host system and because the host system can't process quickly
> all the information it drops some. Is that true?
> The firmware STA I'm using is version 1.4.9. Do you think than I could
> moving to use 32-bit tallies instead of the default 16-bit ones?

I am experiencing the same problem with two netgear cards (MA401RA - PCCARD
MA311 - PCI) both running with STA 1.3.6 (tried 1.4.9 and 1.5.6 too).
Copying a large file via scp from one computer to the other yields a lot of
INFDROPS.
For testing purposes I tried 2.6.0-test2 on the laptop but I got the same
result plus another kernel message I haven't seen with 2.4

	kernel: wlan0: SW TICK stuck? bits=0x0 EvStat=8000 IntEn=e09f

I see this immediatly after inserting the card.

Cheers,
michael