Prism GT/Indigo/Duette linux drivers available

Sam Leffler sam
Mon Jul 28 14:32:11 PDT 2003

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 09:30:34PM +0200, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
>> IMHO the best wireless chips of the market are Atheros ...It would be
>> beautiful to port the interesting features of the Hostap driver in the
>> madwifi project and/or create a single big project.
>>

> i think it would be the _best_ idea to introduce some kind of an
> extended common wireless api and a more common and chipset-
> independent interface to the userspace hostapd.
>
> userspace hostapd seems to be the best solution for the future - why
> not use it for other projects? jouni, would it be possible to separate
> it a bit from the prism2 hostap driver and to provide an own tarball?
> i plan to use it in the (free) ar5k drivers instead of re-inventing
> the wheel and others could port hostapd to *BSD if we had a well-
> defined and documented interface.

There are tradeoffs to using a user-space only process for handling
management frames.  Regardless I too would like to see hostapd work with my
Atheros driver.

FWIW Brian Fundakowski Feldmanhas ported hostapd to OpenBSD.

	Sam