Prism GT/Indigo/Duette linux drivers available

Christian Zoffoli merlin
Mon Jul 28 12:30:34 PDT 2003

Lubomir Gelo wrote:
> I've got SMC 2835W card (cardbus 802.11a/g) card today. Trying to figure
> out what chipset they've used (didn't notice NITRO logo - blind me)
> before even opening the box I did cursory Usenet search.
> To my big surprise I found out that linux drivers (GPLed source?) for
> Intersil PrismGT/Duette/Indigo are available at:
>
> http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/802.11g/
>
> Quick look at sources revealed that IMHO host-based AP functionality
> is possible.

IMHO the best wireless chips of the market are Atheros ...It would be
beautiful to port the interesting features of the Hostap driver in the
madwifi project and/or create a single big project.

Christian