Dynamic WEP rekeying and windows XP...

Erik Brakkee erik.brakkee
Sun Jul 27 11:33:04 PDT 2003

Hi,

My wireless LAN is working flawlessly with WEP encryption enabled but
without
dynamic WEB rekeying. Nevertheless, as soon as I switch on dynamic WEP
rekeying
in the hostapd.conf file, I can still connect with windows XP to my
wireless network,
but an IP address is not assigned ('ipconfig' shows 0.0.0.0) .

I made the following changes to the hostapd.conf file:

    wep_key_len_broadcast =5
    wep_key_len_unicast=5
    wep_rekey_period=300

I have also attempted to restart both the (Linux) server and the windows
client to make sure
that all initializations are done in the correct order but to no avail.

What other configuration steps should I use in order to get the dynamic
WEP rekeying function to
work? Should this work with a Linux/Windows XP combination?

Cheers
  Erik

PS.   Server (access point):     SuSE linux 8.0, hostap version 0.0.3.
                                               3COM Airconnect PCI card,
                                               DHCP is used to assign IP
address dynamically
         Client:   Windows XP home edition, ACER notebook Aspire 1312LC,
                      Linksys WMP54G card