Belkin F5D6001 (v1) and flashed firmware

Chris Cox chrisc
Fri Jul 25 08:23:14 PDT 2003

Just checking to see if anyone has had success in reflashing the firmware
on a Belkin F5D6001 prismII card.

I attempted the same a week ago and ended up killing the card.  I have
tried to resurrect it using the Intersil DOS flash.exe utility, however,
though the card appears to be recognised by the tool, it does not actually
rebuild the firmware.

I called Belkin tech support, however, they were unable (or unwilling) to
proivide any details of exactly which firmware would run on their cards,
or specific parameters to supply to the flash tool.  Their only solution
was to have the card replaced under warranty.  This they have actually
done, although they replaced it with the newer v2 card which no longer
uses the prismII chipset.  However, they told me to just trash the old
card rather than returning it, so, if anyone can help with suggestions on
resurrecting the old card, I would be very greatful.

Also, in case there is not a current (1.5.6 or later) flashable firmware
retrievable that works with the belkin card, is anyone aware of a RAMmable
firmware later than 1.4.9?

I would like to disable the ssid broadcast (ssid hide) which evidently
requires 1.6.3 or later.

--
73  Chris Cox  N0UK, G4JEC, ex-AB0CN, ex-G8PTC  RNARS #1157  EN34jv

chrisc at Chris.Org        Ping Jockey's do it until they HEAR the burn...
  WWW Home Page: http://WWW.Chris.Org/   http://www.pingjockey.net
Cultural observation:
	Europeans think 100 miles is a long way;
	Americans think 100 years is a long time!