System hangs with hostap-0.0.3

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz
Wed Jul 23 05:23:53 PDT 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to get a Prism 2.5 to work with the hostap driver. But whenever I
"modprobe hostap_pci" the system freezes hard! The Prism identifies in lspci
as follows:

00:05.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset
(rev 01)

Some more information from /proc/interrupts:

           CPU0
  0:      46708          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         51          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:        635          XT-PIC  eth0
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  ohci1394, ehci-hcd, usb-ohci, PCI device
1524:1410 (ENE Technology Inc)
 10:       4850          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
 11:        764          XT-PIC  acpi, usb-ohci, SiS SI7012
 12:         21          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:       8919          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          3          XT-PIC  ide1

Could there be a problem with the interrupts maybe? I cannot assign any
interrupts in the BIOS, though. Under Windows XP, the device works fine.

Cheers,

	Arne

--
i consume the wind that makes you cold and drink the blood of the bleeding
souls

[--- PGP key FD05BED7 --- http://www.root42.de/ ---]