Open WEP Mode and SMC 2532

David Levitan david
Thu Jul 17 14:59:57 PDT 2003

Hi,
I didn't get a chance to respond - was busy - but I've done some more
testing. First - system specs - hostap v0.0.3, debian 3.0 testing,
kernel 2.4.20, dual athlon 1600, and antec datachute PCI->PCMCIA bridge.
I've tested with hostap v0.0.3 with both the SMC 2532 and a Proxim
RangeLAN-DS. I've also updated the SMC to firmware 1.7.4/1.1.1. In all
cases, setting "iwconfig wlan0 key s:test open" does not let clients
without the WEP key associate. I have tried both a windows 2000 client
with an SMC 2632 (PRISM2 PCMCIA card) and a linux client with an orinoco
silver card. Neither worked. Any ideas on what could be happening? I
will try grabbing the latest hostap CVS soon and will report my results
when I get chance. This happens even when hostapd is not running and the
key is set manually.
Thank you,
David