Flashing prism2 PCI cards ...

Ilyes Gouta igouta
Wed Jul 16 03:00:59 PDT 2003

Hi everybody !

I have an intersil prism2 Wi-Fi based card w/ primary
firmware 0.3.0 and secondary firmware 0.8.3. (yeah..
this is too old). I searched across the available
updates and found that the only upgradable version,
supported by my hardware, is 1.3.6. The distribution
comes with two files : the primary and the secondary
update hex files. The problem is that only the
secondary firmware 1.3.6 is usable. WinUpdate return a
version mismatch for the primary firmware (my NICID is
8002). Is it possible to update only the secondary
firmware and keep the old evil big bloating primary
firmware ? Is there any risk for my card to become
unusable ?

Tks in advance !