hostap compilation

Pavel Roskin proski
Mon Jul 14 09:03:35 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Dan Hackney wrote:

> Makefile:20: /usr/src/linux/.config: No such file or directory make: ***
> No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/.config'.  Stop.
>
> Why does hostap want this?  I'm compiling on a machine we use for all
> sorts of linux development with no problems.

You are compiling kernel modules, so it's different from compiling
userspace programs.  Kernel modules are compiled for a specific kernel and
its configuration should be known.

>  I tried moving to another box with existing .config and got tons of
> errors in time.h.  grrr. What am I missing?

You are missing the exact error messages and the versions of relevant
software, which is the kernel, the hostap driver and the compiler in this
case.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin