Need advice about an Access Point

Madhusudan Singh chhabra
Sun Jul 13 16:23:41 PDT 2003

Hi
    I am thinking of buying an Access Point to set up a wireless network
at home. I have a laptop with a working MA401 Netgear Wireless card, and
so far have used a cross over cable to connect to my desktop machine
(DHCP server + name server). This constrains my range of access as I
have to be in the same room to use it. Buying any "old style" ethernet
equipment is going to be expensive as well as limited in terms of the
number of machines I can add later. Which Access Points work well with
Hostap ? Does hostap support USB access points yet ? Is it possible to
set up secure communications with WEP, etc ? Case studies and personal
recommendations are especially welcome :)

Thanks,

MS