weird trouble

Pavel Roskin proski
Thu Jul 10 18:50:38 PDT 2003

On 10 Jul 2003, Dave Cottingham wrote:

> Some details below.  BTW, in my desperation I've tried replacing hostap
> with wlan-ng and got the same results.

Which probably means that the problem is with the firmware.

> Card: Linksys WMP-11, PRI 1.0.5, STA 1.3.4

I had some other problems with this firmware.  I didn't have a chance to
use is for production because I updated all Prism 2 cards to 1.4.9.

You should be able to upgrade primary firmware to 1.1.1 and secondary
firmware to 1.7.4.  The easiest way is to do it with Winupdate:
http://www.station-server.com/downloads/wu3842-1.7.4.zip

You can also use prism2dl (http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/prism2dl/) with
the firmware of your choice (http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/)

--