reset hostap driver parameters to default

Jun Sun jsun
Mon Jul 7 16:49:46 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 06:40:36PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Jun Sun wrote:
>
> > Is there an easy way to reset all driver parameters?
> >
> > It seems that 'rmmod hostap_xxx' and 'modprobe hostap_xxx' again would
> > achieve this effect.  I wonder if there is more elegant way to do it.
>
> The elegant way would be to implement it in Wireless Tools, but you need
> to explain very clearly why you need to reset all driver parameters.
>
> If you are doing development and you need to reproduce exactly the same
> state of the driver, I don't think it would justify adding code to
> Wireless Tools.  In fact, you are supposed to power down the system or at
> least the card to have more or less clean results.
>
> But if you have some other reasons, they may be good enough to justify a
> "reset" command.

I don't have good reasons to justify that.  I am setting a multi-purposed
demo system which needs resetting the driver parameters, which is probably
not useful in most cases.

I guess I was curious ...

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Jun