Detect link state ?

Antonio Vilei antonio.vilei
Fri Jul 4 05:03:04 PDT 2003

Hello Bernard,

> My question is, what parameter or information to detect that Is it linked
or not between notebook
> and desktop in my notebook side ?

AP side:
check /proc/net/hostap/wlan#/

you will find an entry (the name is a MAC address) for each station
associated to that AP.
STA side:
iwconfig wlan#

if the STA is connected to an AP you will find "Access Point:
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" (where is the MAC of the AP).

if the STA is not connected to any AP you will find "Access Point:
44:44:44:44:44:44".

Regards,
Antonio