HostAP Hard Lockup

sp0de sp0de
Fri Jan 24 16:08:43 PST 2003

    I'm having a very similar problem. I can transfer files from the
laptop to the AP computer, and from the AP computer to the laptop. I can
also send files from the laptop through the AP computer to my desktop
machine. The problem occurs when I try to send files to the laptop from
the desktop. the AP will freeze up as soon as I start the transfer. I
haven't been able to get any logs from it either.

here's my setup:

laptop:
    kernel 2.4.19, belkin F5D6020 pcmcia, HostAP configured as managed,
id=0x8002 firmware PRI 0.3.0 STA 0.8.3
AP:
    kernel 2.4.20, belkin F5D6000 pci, HostAP configured as master,
id=0x8013 firmware upgraded to PRI 1.1.0 STA 1.4.9
desktop:
    kernel 2.4.19, connected to AP via ethernet

I am not running WEP on the network, and I am using sftp to transfer
files between computers. Ohh.. it also works just fine for internet,
only the high speed ethernet will freeze up the AP. Well, i guess you
can add kernel 2.4.19 and belkin F5D6020 to that list. Sorry I don't
have any answers for you *yet*, but now you know your not alone :)

        Sp0de