wds encryption II

John Fulmer jfulmer
Thu Jan 9 12:52:22 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 14:26, Alessandro Bondoli wrote:
> Thank you John for your reply: exactly what I need to do is to join two
> separates segments of the same network, because on this network there are
> wireless devices that are working on it with fixed address and no dhcp.
> First segment is from 192.168.159.1 to 192.168.159.128, netmask
> 255.255.255.0;
> second segment is from 192.168.159.128 to 192.168.159.255 same netmask as
> above.
> Connection between those two trunks have to be realized with two aps with
> encrypted point-to-point wireless tunnel. Is this possible? What are needed
> steps?

What you want is an encrypted bridge. You CAN create a point to point
IPSEC tunnel, and then (if they are two linux boxes) use the bridge code
to create a VLAN that joins the two networks, but that is way beyond me.
The IPSEC is easy enough to set up, setting up the VLAN config is
tricky, and I don't remember how to do it anymore. I would find a Linux
bridge mailing list and ask.

Sorry I can't be more help...

jf