How to find STA from AP ?

박흥열 imp
Sun Feb 23 18:00:32 PST 2003

Dear all

If I know STA's MAC Address, how can I detect the STA can be accessible from my AP in hostapd code ?

again..

In most case, STA always scan around AP and try to associate to it..

but, I want to know, before STA try to auth or assoc to AP, how hostapd can detect given STA is in my area using STA's MAC ?

What kinds of mgmt function sould I send from AP and what response should I expect from STA ?

Thanks for your attention..

P.S I almost finish "STA count base load balancing" for hostapd and I want share it for all, How can I submit it for CVS ?

Best Regards !!!