Linksys WUSB12

Brad Davidson kiloman
Tue Feb 18 14:34:02 PST 2003

Hi all,
I just subscribed to the list after noticing a mention of the Linksys WUSB12. I
just bought one, and I'm interested in seeing what's doable with them. I was
disappointed to hear that there's no USB support in HostAP - is there anything I
can do to help?

I know that dinky little USB WiFi cards aren't the best thing to be using for AP
purposes. However, with the Prism 3 becoming more available, I'd bet the market
is going to see a lot more products similar to this one. It would be nice to be
able to set up a small wlan with this device, even if it's not going to be the
best-performing solution.

BTW, I've verified that the WUSB12 uses the Prism 3 chipset. Check out the
interal layout pics on the FCC filing:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/oet/forms/reports/Search_Form.hts?mode=Edit&form=Exhibits&application_id=647169&fcc_id=PKW-WUSB12

You can see the chip silk screen, and a google search pulls up to this page:

http://www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn8001.pdf

The chip info for the Prism 3 device.

I don't have the device yet, but I will by the end of the week. I'm willing to
give any developers full access to a box that can be crashed as necessary if it
will help speed the process along!