Kernel panic in ARM LInux

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 11 21:49:48 PST 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 04:56:21AM +0900, ?????? wrote:

> Following kernel panic happens during Poting to hostap_cs ARM Linux.

Which ARM platform?

> hostap_cs: hostap_cs.c 0.0.0 2002-05-19

I would strongle recommend using a newer version (as in CVS snapshot) of
the driver.

> Kernel panic: insw: bad buffer alignment (0xc02b4e71, lr=0xC2867598)

I did not see this when testing with couple of ARM-based setups
(sa1100) and was unable to see such alignment on ix86 now. Please retest
with the latest CVS version of Host AP driver and report if the same
problem still exist.

Real fix for this would be to make sure that from_bap/to_bap calls only
use 16-bit aligned buffers. As a quick workaround, one might be able to
use hfa384x_{from,to}_bap() functions from hostap_pci.c as a startpoint
and replace the same functions in hostap_cs.c. PCI version does not use
insw(), but it might require some changes to avoid problems with
unaligned 16-bit writes.

PS.

Please don't send HTML-only email message. I usually skip such messages
completely..