[2.5+HostAP] Scheduling while atomic

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Feb 5 21:36:20 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 11:17:22PM -0800, joshk at saltbox.argot.org wrote:

> bad: scheduling while atomic!
> Call Trace:

>  [<d4cd5a30>] hfa384x_get_rid+0x36/0x2b32a606 [hostap_cs]
>  [<d4cc58b5>] hostap_get_wireless_stats+0xa6/0x2b33a7f1 [hostap]

> This is CVS source as of 2 Feb 2003 at about 1900 GMT-8. My kernel is
> 2.5.59-mm7.

get_wireless_stats handler in Host AP driver was called while atomic.
However, that function will sleep in non-Master modes, and this will
cause the problem. I added a workaround to Host AP driver to avoid that
scheduling while atomic--this will not show signal quality information
when called while atomic. The real fix is pending until I find out
whether get_wireless_stats is allowed to sleep or not.