hostap_pci: No devices found...

reynaldo corral andaluz reynaldo_corral
Sat Dec 27 10:20:54 PST 2003

Hi, Im trying to set up hostap_pci using  a TellUs P120 PCI card.  The card uses Ralink RT2400 chip, and is listed under Jean Tourrilhes list.  The card is recognized by the rt2400.o driver that comes with the card using the standard kernel from Red Hat 9.  When I load the kernel with hostap I try to use hostap_pci and get the following outputs.  In sumary,  I can not get hostap_pci to recognize my card.  Please help!!

dmesg:

hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_pci: 0.0.3 - 2003-05-18 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
hostap_pci: No devices found, driver not installed.
hostap_crypt: unregistered algorithm 'NULL' (deinit)
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'

lspci -v -s 01:0a.0:

01:0a.0

        Network controller: Unknown device 1814:0101
        Subsystem: CNet Technology Inc: Unknown device 0010
        Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 66, IRQ 11
        Memory at 40100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

/var/log/messages:

hostap_pci: No devices found, driver not installed.
Dec 27 18:22:45  local-host insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20-13.9.HOSTAP/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hostap_pci.o: init_module: No such device
Dec 27 18:22:45  local-host insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.       You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
Dec 27 18:22:45 local-host insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20-13.9.HOSTAP/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hostap_pci.o: insmod wlan0 failed

thank you for your help,