DWL-520

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Dec 12 18:47:22 PST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 02:01:13PM -0600, mrcool at stupidgamerz.com wrote:

> an update on the DWL-520 rev E1.  This card IS a prism 2.5... it has primary
> firmware 1.1.2 and secondary 1.8.0 .  (pm010102.hex, rf010800.hex) This is
> WinUpdate 0.7.0 giving this information. would previous firmware work on this
> card?

These firmware images are RAM downloadable so the Windows driver
downloaded them during initialization. I haven't seen NICID 8024 cards,
but I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of the newer cards that do not
include any firmware images in the flash. In that case, Host AP driver
would need to load the firmware images during initialization.