Prism2 PNP ID restore

pviggiani pviggiani
Mon Dec 8 15:43:59 PST 2003

Hi pavel,i have a problem with the flashing of the Prims2 cards, when i flashing it's come always the message " Error - cannot issue command 222. Busy bit already set.i utilize Flash.exe from Jul 17 2002 and the files are "bromax3v.hex exactly thge batch file Gb3v.bat-My PCMCIA Card ist the I-Gate from Siemens with the green head and Prism2 Chipset.Thx for your helpregradspeppi____________________On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Daniel Kostadinov wrote:

> Hi,
>   I just want to ask to is it possible to recover a CIS info ( PNP ID
>   ) of prism2 card? I flashed my old unknown Prism2 card with ZCOM XI-300 card firmware, the
>   card work fine, but his PNP ID is changed to "_-IEEE_802.11b_Wireless_Lan/PC_Card-BF95"
>
>   I try all post for reflashing prism2 2.5 card and nothing recover
>   PNP ID. I have backup of card cis info dumped from Intersil
>   Flash.exe and Winupdate.exe but i dont find any possible way to
>   import thats id to pda or firmware.

CIS should be written into the non-volatile memory of the card, just like
the PDA and the non-volatile firmware.

You should be able to do it using either the same flash.exe or prism2_srec
and a specially prepared srec file containing the CIS you want to flash.

CIS should be in the s-record format.  You can find an example in file
http://www.hawkingtech.com/download/we110.exe

If you unzip that file, you will find file BROMAX5V.HEX.  The CIS is
written at address 0x3EFE00.  You should convert your dump to the srec
format.  You can use objcopy for that.

You don't need the PDR at the end of that file (line containing FF000000).
It simply instructs the flash utility to get the MAC address from the PDA.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin