Rate Limitimg

Ryan Verner xfesty
Sun Dec 7 20:15:46 PST 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:55:58 -0600, Jerry wrote
> is there any way to provide rate (bandwidth) limiting through hostap?? If not, does anyone have a suggestion?

iproute2 works effectively under Linux; but that's limiting on the protocol layer (not the transport layer).? I'd guess that this is what you really /want/ to do, though.

Of course, you can 'rate limit' just by setting the wireless card to say, 2mbit, instead of 11mbit, but it ain't a terribly elegant solution :-)

linux.conf.au 2004 - Adelaide, Australia: http://lca2004.linux.org.au/

"Oh no, not again."